Hello friends. This is a strange post to right. I will begin by saying that my family is safe and I shout in praise and thanksgiving to the Lord for that. On Wednesday evening, old wiring in the attic ignited causing a fire that destroyed Willam's room and left the rest of the upstairs black from soot. Bart was out of town on business and I was able to get the kids out of the house and safely in the neighbor's house before the fire trucks arrived. The first floor and basement of our house look relatively the same but have water damage and everything smells like an inferno. Everything in our house will be removed and attempted to be restored. Then the 2nd floor will be completely reconstructed as well as the first floor and basement gutted to studs due to water damage. This will be a 4-6 month process.
We are good for now, staying with Bart's parents and waiting for our insurance company to find temporary housing close to the kids school. We are getting used to life in new clothes that we don't yet recognize as our own. And today I'm going to buy make-up because I look like a contestant on Survivor - and its not good.
I will continue to post to the blog about the quirky tales of our new altered life.
P.S. Sorry for the lack of pics - my camera has not been returned to me yet. If I could take a picture, it would be of Owen and I in our matching shirts from Target that we didn't realize we bought until we put them on at the same time. Funny!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You guys are so loved by so many who are thrilled that you are all safe.
ReplyDeletei'm glad you all are safe! you have a wonderful outlook on how this is unfolding. of course, you are in my prayers of thanksgiving for everyone's safety and intercession for a quick and thorough outcome. love you all!
ReplyDelete