Thursday, January 6, 2011

Retail therapy

Another day, another rejection from a birthmother.  In an effort to stay one step ahead of my funk, I headed out for some retail therapy.  Here is what I found:
A fabulous quilt shop that I recently heard about.  Completely off the beaten path, in a strange building.  Its no wonder I've never seen it.  Loved the sweet grandma that gave me a tour of the store as if it were the embodiment of a grandchild.  Loved the fabulous selection of Amy Butler fabrics.  Loved the stacked like books pre-cut 1/2 yards of all of the fabrics.  Yippee!   Purchased these three for my future polka-dot picnic quilt/blanket.  Because polka dots just rock.

I then drove across the street for these beauties:

Oh Kate, Kate.  How you bring me out of the depth of funkville with your cheery illustrations and all the style that I wish I could afford.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment