Tuesday, January 25, 2011
A stinky day - again!
Today was day 3 of Project Move Out. The basement is packed and all of the dining room, living room and kitchen furniture is moved out. The rest of the main floor will be packed up tomorrow. These kind ladies that are packing us - I truly don't know how they stand their job. I wish I could take some salary from a professional athlete and give it to Mary (with the I am not kidding you two foot long braids) and her crew.
Also today I played an odd Price is Right style game. It's called "Try to Guess the Value of Everything in Your Pantry" game. It's followed up by "Try to Guess the Value of All of Your Cleaning Supplies" game. Just so you know, the average price of a spray bottle of any cleaning supply is $3.50.
thumbs up moments: finding a counselor for William and getting a Thursday appointment, saying hello to my favorite Lodge desk employee who already knows that Bart and I are just there to shower after leaving the house, hanging out at Jessie's house for a Pepsi, giving William a bubble bath, two fantastic parent/teacher conferences, buying my exact same coat (see story below).
thumbs down: some of our returned clothes still stink, Caroline breaking down at bedtime, finding the PERFECT temporary housing that the kids would have loved only to have the State of MO say that legally it wasn't big enough for 5 people -even though it really is, having to wear a backpack purse in my house because I can't set anything down in the house and then having to wash the backpack purse every night.
Funny moment of the day: when our winter coats came back, all smelled great and then I tried mine on. The down channels are now rearranged so that all of the down on the left side forms a giant bicep and all of the down on the right side is on my chest - lovely! It makes me look like an out of proportion female super hero, which I guess is how they are drawn now that I think about it.
I leave you with this. Doesn't a bubble bath make everything better?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment