Friday, October 18, 2013

8475 X 543

I've been noticing a trend at my house.  Bart is now the go-to guy for help with math homework.   Apparently my children think I stumble through life without doing any math. How do I go the grocery store all by myself?!   Or calculate prices at a Gap sale?!   Last night, Owen was worried because Bart had a meeting and he needed help with math homework.  I offered my assistance and he actually stammered and said things like "you're so creative Mom" and "you're so good at social studies."  Then when he went to go get something from his room, I did the two math problems on another sheet of paper.  Yes!   I can do 5th grade math!    

Owen returns, I briefly flash my work so he can't see the answers and leave him with his mouth hanging open in disbelief.  Fifteen minutes later, his math was done and compared with Mom's "answer sheet."   And then this happened:

I'm a rock star!   I really hope that Caroline doesn't ask for help.  Seventh grade math might be beyond me.  Go out and use your math today kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment