Thursday, October 10, 2013

Baby books

I'm a big fan of record keeping, especially for my children.  A few years ago, I was still using my film camera and had all of my children's pictures edited and in albums.   They love looking through their albums.   And then I went all digital and Finn was born.   I have not printed one picture for him and have not touched the albums since! The process of printing and sticking the pictures down seems so cumbersome in this high tech, instant share world.    Last year I made photo books for the older three children for Valentine's Day - one year in one album.  But poor Finn - I really need to make a baby album for him.

What I have kept up is their baby books.  To keep it simple, I have four copies of the same book:


The illustrations are darling.  I originally bought it because it was adoption friendly - not pre-printed pages with info. that adopted kiddos don't necessarily have.   There's lots of room for writing whatever you want.


I love to write little snippets in these books - favorite outfits, first words and special friends.   Yesterday, when thinking about Halloween, I decided to write down each of the costumes that they have worn over the years.  It took a bit of research through pictures to find 12 for Caroline, 10 for Owen and 7 for William.


So many memories with each costume.  I remember when Owen was 2, Elmo costumes were everywhere but he deseparately wanted to be Cookie Monster.  I remember staying up late to win an eBay auction so that he could proudly parade in the blue fur.


Oh gosh - look at that face.   ME LOVE RECORD-KEEPING!  (say in Cookie Monster voice)

No comments:

Post a Comment