Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Alive again!

I have crawled out from my hole of despair and started to get used to being on my own all day long.  Of course, the last few days have been supplemented by some volunteer shifts at the school where I have caught glimpses of my children in their daytime worlds, happy and content - but, and I must add this in, always happy to see me in the hall (silent cheer!)

A few years ago, I ventured off my beaten path to a JoAnn fabrics.  Its only 7 miles away, but why is it when its 7 miles in the direction that you never go in, that it might as well be 70 miles?  Who knows.  The fabric store wasn't memorable so I went back to going in the direction that I usually do.  Toward MY Target, MY grocery store, MY library, MY Home Depot.  I know you know what I mean!  This week, after reading a blog post by the lovely Meg of Whatever (see my sidebar), I decided to add the JoAnns on my list of places to go and today I went.  Lo and behold, they've remodeled.  Truly, I could have spent the day there.  There are not enough flowery adjectives to describe my love for this store.  It is a one-stop, wear comfortable shoes, have your phone charged, kind of mecca.

First stop, the 60% back to school section.  Have you ever (I mean, really think about it) seen anything cuter?
I bought a school bus frame that looks like the school bus backpack that I really wanted but really didn't need.  Did I really need the frame?  Thank you for asking - yes I did.

Two words - Ric Rac and Pom-Poms.  I guess that's four words - or is it?
Found the fabric that Meg purchased, but in oilcloth.  I'm going to make a tote for toting my giant PTO binder up to the school when I want to lurk in the hallways to see my children.
I know these pictures are horrible but after the first picture, a man was sort of walking around watching me and it was creepy.

The craft area was beautiful.  They even had the best selection of rubber animal tubes I have ever seen.  I had to take a picture for Owen.
And then - I saw it.  The fabric of my dreams.  If you have ever looked for fabric you will know what I mean.  Sometimes you need a fabric for a project and you look and look and settle on something and its okay but your heart does not go pitter patter when you see it.  Sometimes you see a fabric and you are shocked by how much you love it and you know it will make you happy every day to see it and you must have it.  Drum roll please........
And the earth shook  (just a little joke to my East Coast friends).  This new fabric will be perfect for the kitchen curtains.  It makes me happy.  It pulled me out of the hole.  I am alive again.  Rejoice!

No comments:

Post a Comment