On Sunday, Caroline and her friends gathered to make friendship bracelets that will be given to Russia's orphans that live on the street. I loved watching them make these bracelets, but even more, I loved the conversation between them as they wove the brightly colored threads. The realizations that they are in a comfortable house with friends eating cupcakes while across the world a child will treasure the bracelet that they are making as their most prized possession.
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
With this bracelet, you are loved.
I love finding opportunities for my children to serve others. One of my favorite blogs that promotes service is Craft Hope. Caroline and I have worked on their projects before - sewing or crafting a little something that makes a big difference to someone on the other side of the world.
On Sunday, Caroline and her friends gathered to make friendship bracelets that will be given to Russia's orphans that live on the street. I loved watching them make these bracelets, but even more, I loved the conversation between them as they wove the brightly colored threads. The realizations that they are in a comfortable house with friends eating cupcakes while across the world a child will treasure the bracelet that they are making as their most prized possession.
Children who learn to serve will be adults who teach to serve. What are your ideas for service? Share them please!
On Sunday, Caroline and her friends gathered to make friendship bracelets that will be given to Russia's orphans that live on the street. I loved watching them make these bracelets, but even more, I loved the conversation between them as they wove the brightly colored threads. The realizations that they are in a comfortable house with friends eating cupcakes while across the world a child will treasure the bracelet that they are making as their most prized possession.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment