Monday, June 6, 2011

Unsinkable

When we were expecting baby Caroline 11 years ago, Bart and I went to a local art fair.  We met the most darling couple from Minnesota who make wooden bath boats.  They stood in the middle of giant tubs in which sailed a beautiful flotilla.  We bought one for our baby that day and have ordered several more for gifts over the years.  It is my favorite kind of gift.  Beautifully made by an individual, not a large company and made with the best quality materials and craftsmanship.  Our little bath boat was manned by our three sailors for over 10 years until the fire, when it began line item # 331 on the list.  As soon as I saw it on the list, I knew we had to replace it.

Today our new boat arrived in the mail:

She's a beauty.  The shipbuilder, Dana McGill, included a note about the fire and wished us "smooth sailing in the future."  But most of all, I loved the message he added to the back-

Are you ready for the open seas?  If so, order your bath boat here.

No comments:

Post a Comment