Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Attention Moms
Dear Caroline-
I love the 10-year old that you are. One of the jobs I take most seriously is keeping you age appropriate. I love that you treasure your American Girl dolls as your prized possessions. I love that you will spend hours playing Littlest Pet Shop and Polly Pocket. I love that you will read a book a day and the books are meant for young ladies, not girls trying to be teenagers. I love that you don't understand why Gymboree doesn't make bigger sizes. I am proud that you and I are not succumbing to the pressures of American society that would otherwise propel you forward into adulthood too quickly.
You are strong and true to yourself, you are confident and lovely. You play flute, you swim, you ride bikes and you act like a 10 year old.
Keep on living your life sweet Caroline! I'm proud of you.
Love-Mom
A blogging note - check out this post on Clover Lane today. I love her! Ditto to what she said!!!! So many times I have heard moms say "my daughter will only wear clothes from ________(insert trashy store)" Guess what? Its YOUR money! You are in charge. Let's take back our daughters!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi there...I came across your blog through Clover Lane and I have enjoyed reading. I was a blogger for @ two years and switched to my new blog which I have been horrible at keeping up with it!! I am REALLY good at reading blogs!!!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I LOVE this post. I have a soon to be 11 year old daughter (and a son...soon to be 9) and I love that she loves her AG dolls and pet shop friends and being '10'. It is so hard and it is a tough age. I feel like all her friends have phones and are even allowed to watch PG-13 movies. I am not giving in!!!!
Thank you for your post. If only we lived closer, I do think that Caroline and Bridget would hit it off as friends!!!!!!!!