Wednesday, March 9, 2011

6757

Everything that we own now has a number attached to it - 6757 - our job number with our insurance company.  Everything that has come back to us already and everything that will be delivered back to our house when we return is counted, coded and cleaned - all for job 6757.   I wonder how long it will be before all of our clothes have the 6757 tag removed.  Despite being a number, the people who have counted, coded and cleaned have been warm and personal.  They have touched everything in our house.  They know the things that we lost and their value, not just monetary but sentimental.  I'm okay with being 6757.

Aside from driving to counseling appointments and keeping house (the rental house), a big part of job 6757 is shopping for the house - a job I can handle.   This was a big shopping weekend.    So lets get to it!

Saturday AM found me standing in line at 7:30 waiting for the doors to open at a furniture close out sale.  This was the last sale of its kind which is usually held every quarter, since the company has been sold.  Boo!   I have found many bargains there and yesterday was no exception.

I bought this bookshelf for Caroline's room to replace one lost in the fire:


And a bookshelf that could go anywhere in our house because I love yellow, but it also happens to match my vision for the nursery.


And the launching point for our new master bedroom - a piece of art that I saw one day, thought about for two days and then went back to purchase on Sunday.
Its dressing up the kitchen in the rental house for the time being (because there was already a hanger in the wall)


But the most progress on job 6757 this week is the raising of the roof.  Today the scales tipped away from destruction and towards construction.  Did anyone else's house look like this today?





As they replace the top of my house, I buy artwork.  I mean, we all have to have priorties.

No comments:

Post a Comment