I love summer. It is more than a school-girl crush. It is a meaningful, long-lasting love. Having my three chickadees back in my care, watching their views on the world, I am in heaven. My "blog thoughts" are backed up in my head because I have been so busy being smitten with my new love. So for today, let's start with this thought - Toy Story 3. Am I the only parent counting the days until it premieres (June 18)? I loved the first two movies - the combination of new characters that seem classic and classic toys that seem new - genius! How can you not love a movie that features Mr. Potato Head ("no one look until I get my cork back in") and Etch A Sketch as the crime scene sketch artist?
Last week, the kiddos and I were in Target when a huge thunderstorm hit. It was the kind of storm that was beating on the roof of the store and made it impossible to see our car in the parking lot, let alone think about walking outside. Trapped in Target! Wheeeeee! Now granted, I had three children with me so I did not do what first came to my mind, roam around housewares. They were scared to be close to the front of the store where they could see the storm, so we headed to the back where of course, the toys are. There before us was Pixar Nirvana - the Toy Story 3 shop. All in one place. We dove in. I wish I had an audio recording of the many, many "Mom! Look at this!" or my "Kids! Look at that!" It took all of my willpower not to load up our cart. Actually, how fun would that have been. But not the best lesson for my little consumers! That thunderstorm pounded but we were no longer scared. We were in the safe embrace of the Round-up Gang. Giddy-up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

We are counting down to 18 June as well and in fact, three new toys from the Toy Story Department are already hiding in the garage. Jimmy plans to make them appear in the car seats while we watch the movie and then when the kids get back to the car after the movie they will have a super surprise.
ReplyDelete