Today my sweet Owen turns 8. It sounds so much older than 7! In your honor Owen, here are just a few of the thousand reasons why I adore you:
1. You are the most loyal person I know. You have told me everyday since you could talk how much you love me. If you love someone, be it family or friend, you show it and you voice it.
2. You are an amazing brother. You have crawled in a hospital bed with your sister to comfort her and you have taught your little brother everything he knows.
3. You are an old soul. Laid back and always reflecting on something in the the world.
4. You are not afraid to be yourself. Whether it's drinking your hot tea and toasting "God save the Queen" or asking Santa for an electric blanket, you know what you like and you're not afraid to show it.
5. You are an animal expert with your expansive collection of non-fiction animal books. Not only do you have the knowledge, but you have the compassion. I have never seen you kill a bug and I'm continually impressed with your ability to catch a fly mid-air and release it outside unharmed.
6. You are hilarious, even without trying. Your dance moves make me smile every time.
You made June 4th one of my favorite days. My life is forever better because you are in it. Happy Birthday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I can't get enough of those Owen hugs! They make my day!
ReplyDelete