Monday, June 25, 2012

A room for Finnegan

Our baby room is done.  All it needs is a baby.  When I think back over the past year and a half of what this room has looked like, I can't believe it.  One of my fears about moving back to our house is that I would never be able to get the vision out of my head of that room on fire.  While the fire destroyed so much of our house, this room was were it started and this room was a shell of black nothing.  Would I ever feel safe putting a baby in that room.  When our priest blessed our new house, he paused in that room to pray for comfort and peace and it calmed me.  My goal in decorating the room was not just to make a sweet room for our baby but to also make a room that did not look anything like William's old room.  I guess that I wanted to be able to keep the picture of how sweet his room was in my mind while at the same time, feel safe in a space that looked different.  I love how it turned out - it is simple.  And the best part is, we feel safe in it - in fact, we all seem drawn to that space now.

So, here is the space were Finnegan will grow:

Skip, Hop, Jump owl bookends from Target.com

Crib made by Bart, yellow bookcase from Home Decorator outlet sale, Corduroy print from oversized book by Don Freeman and framed by me for Caroline's nursery in 2000.

Babar print from Art.com

Finnegan's random letters sewn, painted and glued from various letters at Michaels and Hobby Lobby.  Mobile is vintage Irmi from eBay

Crib skirt fabric is Big Top -Green by Fabricut

Lovies picked out by Caroline, Owen and William


Finnegan's name print made by my super cute neighbor Wendy and her business , Signifiprints

Art gallery wall by Caroline, Owen and William, paper lanterns from Target's party section, apple pillow from Target.  Afghan made by Bart's mom, slipcover is a white diamond matelasse


Curtains are Waverly cross-section, bird tray from Ikea (bought originally for my kitchen just a few hours before we were matched with our birth mom).  Paint color is Bamboo leaf by Behr, Home Depot 


On another note:  I am giving a "my bathroom has never been shinier" award and shout out to my husband.  Is there anything more attractive than a man who cleans bathrooms?  Really think about it - there isn't.
 Tomorrow Bart and I start our travels to meet our baby!  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Finnegan is a very lucky boy to have such a beautiful nursery but an even more beautiful family! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete