Friday, February 24, 2012

Valentine's Day IOU

What?  I forgot to show a Valentine's Day recap.  This holiday of love brought our three family traditions.  First, the mailboxes.  The little loves can't wait for these to come out each year.  Cut a stack of card stock into small pieces and presto!  Little valentines that they can leave for each other.  I love, love, love (that's triple love) their expressions when they see their flag up and know that a love letter awaits.
Are you loving the dead yard out the window?  Jealous?

Tradition two is our all red dinner at home.  This year it was pizza, red grapes, strawberries and cherry jello parfait.
Before dinner, it was time to pass out the annual homemade gifts.  For Caroline, an owl purse.  Finding ideas on Pinterest has made life so much easier!
I love the face when she opened it
And for the boys, a shared gift this year and another Pinterest idea - a Fort Kit.  It contains two twin bedsheets, rope, 4 clamps and suction cups - all contained in a drawstring bag made with the Eric Carle firefly print.  Perfect for my two (three, including Bart) master fort builders.  I am happy to say that many forts have been built with the new kit.
And here's a look at our valentines:
From Smore-lover William (front)
(and back)
And from Caroline, a cool 5th grade, gender friendly, felt fortune cookie valentine:
And what?!  I have no pictures of Owen's valentines.  I hope he's not scarred for life.  They were  glowsticks that said "you make my heart glow".  The boys' valentines were ideas from Pinterest (I'm sensing a theme here) and Caroline's was from American Girl.  Oh the time that went into choosing the fortunes for each person!!!

And a final note - have you heard of Animails?   We sent this pig in the mail to my nieces and nephew.  No box needed - just write the address right on the pig and take him to the post office.  So fun! 

Hope everyone had a lovely Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment