Dear Public Library,
Happy Valentine's Day. You know that I have loved you since childhood. Passing through your majestic columns, and turning eagerly to the children's section, I was at home among your shelves. Remember the days when you would visit me? Oh heaven! I can still picture myself stepping up into the bookmobile, the capsule of endless adventures. And now, as a mother, I love you even more. You have taught my children to love reading and to explore the world of possibilities. They beg to see you and I happily agree. You have allowed me to say words that a mother never says "yes, pick out whatever you want!"
To show you my affection this Valentine's Day, I highlight your goodness on my annual homemade gifts to my children. And as an added bonus, these new library bags will ensure that my children, especially my boys, will no longer drop your books in the snow. So sorry that boys are messy.
With admiration, I remain your faithful Valentine- Julie

They turned out fabulous! I continue to be amazed with your creative & thoughtful gifts from the heart. My kids still love their gifts from last year.
ReplyDelete