Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Dollar store, will you be my valentine?


Yesterday, my friend Jessie and I strapped the kids in her car with bags of pretzels and off we went to be big spenders at the dollar store. We even promised our preschoolers that they could each pick something out to buy. Not realizing that their cheap mommies would get much more than a dollar's worth of shopping sanity out of their selections, they were very willing passengers.

So now, the dollar store is my new favorite place. In addition to boring everyday stuff, I was drawn to a small wreath of florist foam. I can't believe I stood and pondered it for so long - I mean you know how much it was - A DOLLAR! I thought about what to do with this wreath the rest of the day and last night, when passing by my children's art area, I spotted their pom pom container. EUREKA! I love pompoms (quite frankly, who doesn't?) I started hot glueing all of the red ones on my dollar find. And then I asked Bart why there aren't any 24-hour pom pom stores.

This morning, I headed to Michaels for a jumbo bag of pom poms and Voila! A pom pom wreath for Valentine's Day. My children thought I was a crafting genius. Little do they know, they have no more red pom poms in their jar and their brother's new and very annoying paddle ball came with a small price tag (how much was that again?)








1 comment:

  1. How have I missed seeing this, oh that's right, we haven't really seen eachother today. I miss you already! Hope you are feeling better and that I might get to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete