Saturday, September 15, 2012

Yummy

I am passionate about creating meaningful childhoods for my children.  I may be kidding myself.  They may grow up and say " remember how Mom couldn't cook or do our math homework?"  But I try.  Bart asked me last month what was on my birthday wish list.  And this is what I said:

This cookie jar from Coton Colors (see link on my sidebar).  I adore it - its the perfect size, has a suction lid and a big piece of velcro on the front to change for the seasons.    Pictured is the all-season sun and in a few weeks.....
Spooky!     Trying to fight off the era of processed snacks and rushed schedules,  I want to be the kind of mom that has a jarful of homemade cookies for after school talks at the kitchen island.  Someday, I hope grandchildren will be lifting off the top of this same cookie jar as a part of their own sweet childhoods.

So come on over and pull up a stool.   There are cookies in the jar!

No comments:

Post a Comment