Just 6 short years ago, I thought I would wither and die when Caroline boarded the school bus looking like this. The little plastic barrettes, the missing teeth, the monogrammed jumper and the ladybug backpack - how could she possibly be ready for big girl school?
And then today, she boarded the bus for her last day of grade school, looking like this:
An orange fedora with rhinestones, giant bakelite earrings, a Vera Bradley bag and black hightop converse. Next year - middle school. How could she possibly be ready for big girl school? Then I got to thinking - she has learned more in grade school than 40-somethings learned in grade AND middle school. She has chosen an amazing group of friends who are happy and nice and 100% supportive of each other. She has an enormous heart that she uses to treat people with care and kindness.
Okay, she's ready. And I will stand beside her and cheer her on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


isnt it crazy how fast they grow!? I noticed this morning that my boy will lose his first tooth any day now!
ReplyDelete