Exhibit A: curtain fabric for the nursery, sample swatch checked out from a local decorator fabric store
I thought it would be the perfect fabric for the curtains because it is not babyish (I don't think that's a word). Price: $39 a yard (although I wouldn't pay that, I would search on-line)
Exhibit B: the bargain.
Found at Hobby Lobby, original price $8.99 a yard, used my 40% off coupon making it $5.39 a yard. I needed five yards, bringing my TOTAL PRICE to $26.95 - that's right blogging friends that's $12 less than the 1 yard price at the decorator store. Yes, it is the exact same fabric. Really, I still can't get over it.
Tomorrow I will go buy room darkening lining (with my Hancock's coupon) and I will start sewing curtains.
Here is how the rest of the nursery will look. Now I just have to go back to all of the random fabric stores and on-line sites where I pieced these together and purchase my yardage.
I am so excited to have decided and to start sewing! More pictures to follow as the room unfolds.

No comments:
Post a Comment