Monday, November 28, 2011

Peace, a gecko and a chipmunk in a Santa suit

One of my favorite moments of Thanksgiving weekend is giving the kiddos their new needlepoint ornaments.  Although they watch me make them periodically throughout the year, they do not see the finished product until it is time to decorate the tree.  I love to watch them line up all of their ornaments and find the perfect branch for each one.  I hope that they learn that there is value in making something homemade, there is value in tradition and that they are valued and adored.  Tomorrow I'll post decorating pictures- still trying to place everything in my old/new house!

P.S.  Did your elf return from the North Pole?  Our "Ernie" returned- straight from his dry-cleaning bag!  And boy has he been getting into some mischief!

1 comment:

  1. Poofy J Jingles arrived here. Brother Billy said Hermie showed up at his house. All is well!

    ReplyDelete