Friday, November 11, 2011

Felt great to sew

I love felt.  It is so easy to make things with, its cheap and it comes in every color known to nature (and some not).  I always get the itch to make a felt project around the holidays.  Last year, it was the advent calendar and this week, I picked this year's project, a felt chain for our basement Christmas tree.   Ready to get started?

Step one:  raid your felt stash or head up to your local craft/fabric store to buy some.   Cut strips.   Of course the number depends on how big your tree is.  I made this for our basement tree, which is sort of the skinny jeans version of a Christmas tree.  I had 13 different colors plus a houndstooth to break it up a bit.  I started off cutting about 20 of each color.

Its really easier to hand sew this project, instead of trying to maneuver the small loops on the sewing machine.  I found it very relaxing to sit in front of the tv for a few nights and hand stitch with a big pile of felt on my lap.

That's it.  A super easy, not that creative, but incredibly satisfying craft project.



1 comment:

  1. Your christmas tree is already up? Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete