Friday, October 14, 2011

Scenes from my house

I have spent a lot of time at home this week.  Reason one:
Owen's sprained ankle.  Biking on wet leaves is not a great idea.  However, if you are a science guy and not a sports guy, it is sort of fun to say you have a sports injury.  Also, if you can't walk on it at all, you get to stay home from school.  But mom can still pull up to the frozen yogurt place and run in and get you a little treat.  I'm just saying - not really a bad deal for him.

Reason two:
the needlepoint deadline.  I think this might qualify me for the crazy club.  I really do think I have one foot on the train to Looneyville.  My local needlepoint store has a deadline of Saturday to turn in completed stocking canvas to be finished by Christmas.  Okay, that's all fine.  The crazy part is that I am making this for baby #4.   In the adoption process, we do not even now if this baby will be here by Christmas.  But the thought of having a baby at Christmas, and no 6th stocking hanging on the mantel- oh, the horror of it.  Quite honestly, I have loved working on it so the process is a huge part of it and its given me something to do during the waiting.  But it is embarrassing to be making a stocking for no one.

Let's refocus this post away from my craziness and back to this cute face.

In other news, Harold took a bath in the sink after this trip to the germy ER.  The excitement never ends here this week.  Does he look relaxed?  Or am I just crazy?   (I need to get out of the house)

2 comments:

  1. found your blog from your comment on Whatever. Cant wait to keep reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so kind Holly! Thanks for visiting. You are welcome any time!

    ReplyDelete