Here is why I am not under consideration for any technical awards - I really don't care. I have no desire to upload or download (what's the difference anyway?!) my calendar to my computer or phone. Why would I take the time to do that when I can just carry my cute ringed paper calendar in my purse? It requires a pen or pencil - no stylus, no cords, no loading (be it up, down or sideways)
Last week, I received an e-mail reminder about today's dental appointment. Like a good little patient, I clicked on "I can keep the appointment." I had already remembered the appointment because, of course, I had written it down in pen in my calendar. One hour before the appointment, I received a text reminding me of the appointment and one hour after I returned home, I received an e-mail thanking me for coming. Really? The free toothbrush was thanks enough.
A few years ago, Bart taught me how to organize files and photos on my computer. Now that was helpful. That I actually use. And I love e-mail. People who don't love e-mail have never had to organize a Brownie meeting among twenty moms. What I don't like about e-mail is that it has replaced letters, just like texting (which I hate) has replaced phone calls. Today I had to send an evite for a book party I am having because the company doesn't have postcard invites. WHAT? Send me a paper invitation anyday. I'll write the date down in my cute calendar.
We have a new tv system in our house. Apparently, our new DVR can record something and play it in any room. I have no idea how to use it. Bart has tried to show me the basics but I can't get past the fact that my favorite TLC, channel 59 is now channel 400 and something. Last night, we drove by an ancient television out to someone's trash pile. Similar to this beauty, it was encased in a "wood" cabinet and I'm sure saw many episodes of the Love Boat. I told Bart I was tempted to take it. The round knob with numbers - now that is my speed.
It is so much pressure to keep up with technology. It scares me to think how my children will be communicating in ten years. I can't be the only one out there who feels this way. Feel free to comment by signing into your goggle account, e-mailing me or messaging me on Facebook. I'll be sitting here staring at my blank tv.

No comments:
Post a Comment