Saturday, May 14, 2011

Hi, My name is Slacker

Yes, I know I've been a slacker.  Actually, in my defense, my slacking has been limited to my blog.  In all other aspects of my life, I have been immersed in details.   The color of towels for the master bath, the placement of the dining room windows, the salad supper for the PTO, teacher gifts, backordered sconces, laundry and field trips.  I am counting the days until school is out because I need to check homework off my list!

Today, I went fabric shopping and everything else shopping with my friend Missy, who was my neighbor and BFF from my old neighborhood.  We actually spent all day yesterday together too when she came to our house to help me pick out paint colors for the second floor.  She was a HUGE help and today we starting looking at fabrics to help chose paint colors for the main floor and shopped at HomeGoods (heaven on earth.)  We both found lots of goodies there.  I bought two fabulous pictures that I hope will fit in my kitchen, lamps for the master bedroom and toy bins for the boys' room.

It is a gift when a friend recognizes you are overwhelmed and takes action to help.   Also this past week, Owen made his First Communion.  I had been somewhat dreading hosting this special event in our rental house because I so love our fancy dishes and setting up our table in our own dining room.  We were without the family punch bowl and the Eucharist banner that we hang at every family sacrament, but we had a really nice time anyway - with my mother-in-law's pretty dishes, both sets of grandparents, neighbors from our real house and Owen's friends.  He went to bed feeling full of love and very special and that made it all okay.

And then came Mother's Day and I had the most wonderful day.  Bart and the kids gave me a fancy pair of needlepoint scissors, as mine were swallowed by the fire.  Since my parents live far away, this was the first year I have spent Mother's Day with my mom since I have been a mother.  Mother Nature gave us perfect weather that night and we had a yummy dinner outside at a beautiful restaurant with beautiful company - the five of us and both mine and Bart's parents.  Then we headed to our new favorite frozen yogurt place.  Bart and I both commented at the end of the day what a perfect night it had been, spent in easy conversation with our parents and escaping from the daily weight of the fire restoration.
Check out these three lovelies!

I promise not to be a slacker anymore.   I will try to post daily - even if its just a paint color!

1 comment:

  1. The lovely Roberta makes the blog! FINALLY!!! ;) xo

    ReplyDelete