A few days ago, when I was in my funk about the stuffy fluffies, I mentioned Howard the Dog. When we were expecting baby William, 4 year old Caroline picked out Howard for the baby. Although he did not become the friend that William latched onto at bedtime, he definitely had all four paws in the stuffy fluffie club. After writing the other night, I sat down with my "William gift card" - a large Visa card given by friends that I have designated just for William - and I started to online shop to replace things in his room. And I found him - the Flapjack Dog made by North American Bear. Today Howard arrived in the mail and my intention was to put him in my closet. When boxes of things arrive for Caroline and Owen from the restoration company, I would mix him in with those things so William would think he was getting things back. And then William checked the mail...........
and I covered with "Look, Howard came back from the cleaners!" I so wish I had a video recording of the sweet reunion. It made my day and my week. I love five-year olds.
Welcome home Howard. You've never looked better. Wink.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment