Monday, February 7, 2011

Monkey see, monkey do. Monkey jammies, take 2

A few days ago, I found a spark hole in the footie pajamas that William was wearing the night of the fire.  It nearly killed me, as it was a reminder of just how close he was to the flames.  Of course, those jammies went right to the trash.  I've been missing William's clothes - all of the things I had picked out for him, his hand me downs from Owen and his personal favorites.  Its strange to not recognize anything that your child is wearing.  He doesn't look like himself.  Last night I looked through some pictures of our September trip to Disney World and started listing the clothes in the pictures on the inventory list.  Strange.

I've always been a sucker for footie pajamas.  Putting a child in footie pajamas makes them look instantly younger.  Since it is so cold outside, I headed to Carters today in hopes of finding some leftover footie pajamas for William.   I stood and cried in the store when I saw a huge wall of them, including the same prints that we lost.  Tonight he wore his monkey jammies- a pair that he recognizes and that I recognize.  And maybe in this simple way, we will recognize some of our old life.

William jumping on his bed - January 2010

1 comment:

  1. My heart breaks thinking of your longing for "normalcy". I can't even begin to understand what you all are going through, but please know you are all in my thoughts and prayers everyday.

    ReplyDelete