Friday, November 12, 2010

Sew dangerous!

My boys are going to share a room soon.   And while they are excited about their ordered bunk beds and another sibling, I am trying to sweeten the deal by making the room about each of them.  I thought I'd make them each something to lounge on.  I found a great pattern for a pinwheel floor pillow on my Amy Butler software.  I chose 8 fabrics for each boy that represented what they like.  I even found a to-die-for fabric called Edgy Veggies for my little chef and veggie grower.  I doubt Amy would ever have imagined a Spiderman fabric being used on one of her patterns - but as much as it pained me to buy it, I know my 5 year old super hero will love it.

Yesterday I cut all of the pieces using my rotary cutter and mat - fabulous tool, so precise and definitely worth the money.  Even when you add in the $100 co-pay for the emergency room visit, it's still worth the purchase.

So this is a picture of me at a stop light as I drive myself to the hospital when my thumb got in the way of the rotary cutter.  Yikes!
I am also holding the small piece of my thumb that needed reattached.   I think secretly the boys thought it was cool that Mom cut a piece of her thumb off to make them pillows.  And that's what it is like to be a boy Mom.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Julie!! Be careful!
    ...and be sure to post pics of the finished pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and be sure to post pics of the finished THUMB! ox ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought one of those rotary cutters and mats. What was I thinking? You the expert and me the rank amateur at this sewing stuff. I must be more careful. I had no idea. Please get well soon and yes, we love Christmas here too.

    ReplyDelete