skip to main | skip to sidebar
in a happy nest

Friday, October 1, 2010

Squeaky clean fun

Hello friends.  Back from Disney!   One of those vacations that people either love or hate.  I happen to love it.  Aside from the obvious reason that my children are giddy the whole time we are in the "Disney bubble", I realized why I most love Disney World.  It is clean.  I don't mean that it is hosed down everyday and seems clean.  It is SPOTLESS.  Winding my way through miles of queue lines, I saw not one paint chip, not one circle of hardened gum on the ground, not one piece of abandoned trash.  I am a visual person.  So much so that I drive myself crazy.  I know every weed in my yard and every ding in our woodwork and it makes me nuts.  I'm sure there is some sort of name for this mental disorder - this insanity that makes me dream of home makeovers and whitewashing America.  But Disney- its like a magic pill.  Oh how I wish I could take Walt to lunch and thank him personally for quieting my head of the visual madness.   But after a week, you do start to wonder what is going on in the world, outside of the fairytale utopia.   The re-entry is tough and the floors need scrubbed.  Back to reality.








Posted by Julie at 6:16 PM
Labels: Vacation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

About Me

My photo
Julie
I am a stay-at-home mom of 4 who adores motherhood and keeping house. I have an amazing husband who I have known for 30 years. I am a child of God and try to live each day in His grace. I love decorating, sewing, needlepoint, crafts, organizing and last, but not least, iced tea with lemon. I love to write and am inspired each day by reading the blogs of creative and happy moms. Thanks for visiting my blog.
View my complete profile

Living the Catholic faith

Blogs I love (how I am inspired):

  • 6th Street Design School
  • Catholic Icing
  • dripping with passion
  • IHeart Organizing
  • Life
  • MADE
  • nienie dialogues
  • Team Whitaker
  • the handmade home
  • The Sewing Rabbit
  • Whatever

Mother Teresa quotes

Mother Teresa quotes

Find me on Pinterest

Check out this cute site!

Blog Archive

  • ►  2017 (11)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2016 (17)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (5)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ►  2015 (2)
    • ►  December (2)
  • ►  2014 (18)
    • ►  December (2)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  July (2)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2013 (30)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (2)
    • ►  June (3)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (3)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2012 (40)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (3)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (3)
    • ►  February (7)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2011 (78)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (5)
    • ►  June (8)
    • ►  May (6)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (6)
    • ►  February (8)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ▼  2010 (64)
    • ►  December (5)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ▼  October (7)
      • While I was cleaning....
      • Good grief!
      • Hair today, gone tomorrow
      • Crunch
      • It's October - time for the art wall to change.  T...
      • Fall fashions
      • Squeaky clean fun
    • ►  September (5)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (6)
    • ►  April (5)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (10)