It's October - time for the art wall to change. This is my cheap and easy way to decorate my living room for Halloween. I'm a firm believer that anything crafted from a paper plate or tempura paint is a masterpiece and I like to give these "Van Goghs" a place of honor. Nothing you buy in a store could be cuter. So here is what you do : 1) store the holiday art with that holiday's decorations and when you get out those decorations, 2) replace everything in a frame with aforementioned holiday art. Put a piece of fabric behind the art if needed. See how easy that is? The bonus is that the kids love seeing art each year that they made when "they were little" (last year).
No, I did not paint the wall for Halloween - it is always orange. And speaking of orange, I finally got around to making this ornament last night. It was my first attempt at an embroidered felt ornament and I think I'm hooked. The original tutorial can be found here:
felt bird ornament
I changed the color in order to match the orange bird that lives in our orange room. And now this post has come full circle! Tweet Tweet!
Great idea! Love it. :)
ReplyDelete