
I'm so proud of Caroline and her recent donation to Locks of Love, an organization that accepts ponytail donations to make wigs for cancer patients. It was a long year and a half of growing out her hair. There were days when she loved having long hair and a ponytail. Then the summer came and her hair was not so cooperative at swim team. But through it all, she persevered and was counting the days until her haircut. I loved that this was a goal she set for herself, that it was sometimes hard, that its only purpose was to serve others and that she felt rewarded by the spirit of giving. I told her that she is a girl wise beyond her 10 years. She understands that she is only one person in the world, but that one person can make all the difference to another person. These are the moments I wish for my children- moments that I feel will make them the most fulfilled in life. Plus, can you tell how much she loves her new haircut?!
Caroline, you are beautiful inside and out, a shining example of service and your new haircut is the BOMB!
No comments:
Post a Comment