-Henry Holcomb Bennett, The Flag Goes By
My favorite quote about our flag. I love the 4th of July don't you? I have always said it is my favorite holiday. I love the patriotism, the pomp, the music and the simplicity of it all. There are no presents to give, just fireworks to watch and hamburgers to grill. It strikes me every year that on July 4th, Americans seem to unite, to push the pause button on our differences and reflect on the sacrifices that were made for the freedom to voice those divisions. Most people can agree that we are the luckiest people on earth, to be born in this country of democracy and privilege. Have you ever been overseas and have someone ask if you are an American? To say "Yes, I am an American" is an awesome feeling. I hope that you are with family and friends, enjoying those freedoms and some sort of food in the shape of the flag.

No comments:
Post a Comment