I have baby fever. I can't stop thinking about a baby. Isn't it amazing how when you are thinking about a baby, you see babies everywhere? Last night, to survive our husbands not being home, my friend Jessie and I went out to dinner - with 6 children. We had my three, her two and her one-year old nephew. This sweet little pumpkin is in the chunky monkey stage - you know that time right before walking when their little legs look like delicious dinner rolls? My children each interacted with this baby in the sweetest way. Caroline and Owen both asked me for a baby. Yikes.
Today, I went to the sale at Gymboree and ran into my friend, Jen. After talking about a bunch of other mom stuff, the conversation turned to babies. She told me that she has a sister who is 10 years younger than her and how much she loves their relationship. Her children adore this young, fun Aunt. This would be the age difference between Caroline and the baby if we adopted this summer. That age difference has been one thing that I have worried about. I really felt God had placed both of us in that conversation today.
Still, where would the money and the baby come from? I do not know. I'm not in charge. I will just continue to be still and wait for the moments, the signs and God's plan revealed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


i've got it, too. =)
ReplyDeleteyou're right. not our plan. we'll see what He has in store for us!