Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The best of 2016

Last year, we started a new tradition in our family - making "Best of" posters for the old year.  I wanted gratitude and appreciation to seep more into our family.  I want my children to realize how blessed they are and also how the little things in life are just as memorable as the big things.   Just like last year,  when we sat down to start working on them, the big trips come to mind first.  Everyone sits and thinks quietly about their year.  And then all of the sudden, everyone starts writing and then there are a lot of "oh, that was fun!  I forgot about that!"  Its really fun to watch the process unfold.  I hang them up for the month of January and then save them for the future.  Its a little time capsule for our family.




My favorite of William's- his roller skates that Santa brought
Caroline's discovery of watercolor painting this year
Bart's love of William's drum playing
Owen's love of his scout hike at summer camp
Finn's in general!!
And mine was the new craft room!




Looking forward to 2017 and living all of the fun times that we will write on our posters next year.  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment