I think I should have chosen interior design as my profession. I'm not sure if I have the raw talent for it, but I love carrying around samples of things. I love watching a project come together. We are continuing on our basement remodel, thanks to the flood of New Years 2016. Yesterday, I was searching for rugs online and found a few that I liked on the Land of Nod's website. I noticed they sold rug swatches. Genius! Of course, one of my favorite companies with their sherbet colors, knock-knock jokes, and item titles full of pun would have rug swatches. My valentine happened to be on a business trip to his Chicago office - which is right next door to the Land of Nod. Boom! A few hours later, he proves his love for me by walking in the door with these 12 inch square beauties:

The navy square one is not the right shade for our gray couch, but the Bar rug on the right- SWOON! I love it. Truly, I just want to carry the sample around like a baby- its just that lovely. Now I have to wait to move the couch over to see if their largest size, 8X10 will be big enough. And of yeah, I have to wait for a sale. Because egress windows and window well drains don't pay for themselves. Here's another view to see how big the new room is compared to the swatches:
Isn't it funny, how in the dead of winter, a rug swatch can be so exciting? Let me know if you want to visit the swatch or if I see you out and about, I probably have it with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment