I am a sad mom this week. I have one child gone for a week at scout camp. Not just scout camp, but scout camp that is TEN HOURS away. What?! Why does it seem worse because he is farther away? Here is where I should say something politically correct like "he will grow so much", "he's having so much fun" (which I don't know for sure) and "How fun that they saw a bear in their campsite!" But I can't. I miss him terribly and so does our entire family. I can't apologize that we are close. I am glad that he will grow, but I can not wait until he comes home. And since Finn is singing Owen's name whenever he wakes up, I think I'm not the only one.
In order to prepare for this
week of loneliness week of adventure, I was pretty neurotic about his packing (to prove my love for him). Each day's clothes in its own bag and extra bags for pjs and extra socks. My unbridled support of Ziploc may have paid off- they've had rain and luggage was wet. Ziploc and neurotic mom to the rescue!
A few months ago, Owen and I were out and saw the cutest Peanuts camping fabric. I told him I'd make a camping pillow case and he requested a soft, minky border. A little bit of comfort in the woods. When I go to sleep every night in my comfy bed, I picture him laying his head down on the home-away-from-home pillow case, and it makes me happy.
Counting the days, sweet Owen!
No comments:
Post a Comment