I've declared my love for the public library many times on my blog and today I dive back into this passion. Summer is winding down and it sure did fly by. With lots of baby nap times, I feel like I've fallen short on the fun, family activities this summer. Enter, the public library and these nifty book club bags. First, I love a novel idea (get it? Haha!) Second, I love anything that comes in its own storage tote.
At Sunday dinner, I announced my family book club plan (which was not met with enthusiasm by all members present). Bart, however loved the idea and marched off to a doctor's appointment the next day with his copy of Clementine in hand (I really love this man). Caroline and I read our copies, Owen read his and William was forced to read it on the last day before our book club "meeting" but then declared it "awesome." He now wants to pick the next tote.
The magical tote of happiness also included a booklet of questions for our book club meeting. The questions dove into feelings of inclusion and friendship and also funny questions like "if you could have a food name, what would it be?" All and all, another successful trip to the library. And one more summer childhood memory for Cupcake, Havarti and Twinkie. Thank you Sara Pennypacker for a fabulous book!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment