Monday, August 26, 2013

45

 Grainy beach pic of me in 1971 (with my dad & brother).  Wish I still had that rockin' poncho
Today I am 45.  That is super old in the blogging world.  Most bloggers I follow or gravitate to are in their late 30s or turning 40.  But they are writing what I want to read about - home keeping and babies and crafts and organizing solutions.  So, an age is just an age.  Most of the time I talk about wanting to freeze my kids' ages but today I want to freeze my own.  45 is great.  I adore my husband in a kind of way that is almost unbelievable and even more shocking, he feels the same way about me.  My body is young enough to not be aging too much but with enough minor aches to make me appreciate my health.   I embrace the new shape my body has taken- it means I am not a teenager - I am a mother who is active enough to stay healthy but prioritizes my children first.  I have a baby to snuggle and a teenager to teach and two crazy boys in between who bring me worms and bugs.  I live in a house that is done but not enough done to mean there aren't fun decorating projects on the horizon.  We are financially stable, making enough money to provide for our family but not enough that we don't get to enjoy the satisfaction of saving for something.   I have two living and healthy parents and two living and healthy in-laws.  I have friends who I can laugh and cry with and who will bring me a fountain Pepsi when I have a sleeping baby.  Really, life is good.  I will definitely turn 45 again next year.  Happy Birthday to me!

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Happy belated birthday, sweet friend!!

    ReplyDelete