Here are some pics from our Christmas house tour. I really took the pictures because my house was clean and I definitely wanted to capture that memory!
Everything is so bright and cheerful and colorful! I especially love the wreaths in the kids' rooms, so much easier to do than a mini tree, I'll have to remember that for next year. Where did you get those awesome living room curtains, I'm in love.
Thank you Michelle! I made the curtains. I originally found the picture on Pinterest (of course!). You can find it on my Rebuilding the Nest Pinterest board. The tutorial was to paint the fabric which I wasn't sure I would like for the long haul, so I bought striped fabric. The stripes on the fabric unfortunately ran vertical, so I turned it and pieced the curtains half way down - not hard, just careful measuring. It was worth it - I love the way they turned out. Have a Merry Christmas and thanks for reading!
It is the Hallmark nativity by Mary Hamilton. The metal manger I bought a few years ago - can't remember where but I still see them around - and the wintry trees are from Department 31. Of course, the star is just drawn on a chalkboard.
Have fun looking for them! I love have a shopping mission like that!
I am a stay-at-home mom of 4 who adores motherhood and keeping house. I have an amazing husband who I have known for 30 years. I am a child of God and try to live each day in His grace.
I love decorating, sewing, needlepoint, crafts, organizing and last, but not least, iced tea with lemon. I love to write and am inspired each day by reading the blogs of creative and happy moms. Thanks for visiting my blog.
Everything is so bright and cheerful and colorful! I especially love the wreaths in the kids' rooms, so much easier to do than a mini tree, I'll have to remember that for next year. Where did you get those awesome living room curtains, I'm in love.
ReplyDeleteThank you Michelle! I made the curtains. I originally found the picture on Pinterest (of course!). You can find it on my Rebuilding the Nest Pinterest board. The tutorial was to paint the fabric which I wasn't sure I would like for the long haul, so I bought striped fabric. The stripes on the fabric unfortunately ran vertical, so I turned it and pieced the curtains half way down - not hard, just careful measuring. It was worth it - I love the way they turned out. Have a Merry Christmas and thanks for reading!
DeleteI am so in love with the tiny white manger scene. Where did you find it? I would like to have one as well.
ReplyDeleteHeather-
DeleteThe nativity was a gift to me from my parents for my confirmation (ages and ages ago). It is still sold on collector sites like this one:
http://www.hookedonhallmark.com/Mary-Hamilton-Nativity_c_655.html
It is the Hallmark nativity by Mary Hamilton. The metal manger I bought a few years ago - can't remember where but I still see them around - and the wintry trees are from Department 31. Of course, the star is just drawn on a chalkboard.
Have fun looking for them! I love have a shopping mission like that!
-Julie
What a beautiful home!! It looks so warm, festive and fun for kids!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Theresa! Merry Christmas and happy 2013!
Delete