| my 1st grader in the carpool line- proud of a Christmas creation |
I am so far away from the chaos in Connecticut, yet I can't quiet my mind. I spent Friday morning in William's first grade classroom teaching needlepoint as part of their traditions unit. Before I even arrived home to see the news, I thought to myself how beautiful his classroom of friends are. They were eager to learn needlepoint, anxious about their upcoming production of the Nutcracker and their eyes sparkled with all of the excitement of the holiday season. It is such a sweet age - beginning to show their independence while showing by their imagination and observations, that they are still very young.
I heard the names of the children lost and their names sound so much like children we know. The Sandy Hook teachers and staff remind me of our school's staff - their dedication, their protection of the little people that they love and teach. I see footage of the parents at the fire station and if I look in the mirror, I see that I wear the same coat, the same boots - I see the same cars that I see in my own carpool line.
Parents everywhere feel the heaviness in the air. Their eyes are opened to even the smallest moments of the privilege of parenthood. They count the days until Christmas break, hoping it will be a healing time of reconnection.
We await our Savior with hearts that need comfort and joy. O come let us adore Him.

Beautifully said, Julie!
ReplyDelete