Sunday, July 8, 2012

Home Sweet Hotel

Lobby chandelier
I'm starting to feel like Eloise at the Plaza, except I am Julie at the Spring Hill Suites.  We are still away from home, waiting for Louisiana and Missouri to finish our adoption paperwork.  As our attorney told us, "you two can leave Louisiana, but Finn can't."  Well, okay then.  So here we are, 10 days after Finnegan's birth I am still wearing a path to the laundry room and trying every flavor of lollipop at the front desk.  Housekeeper Erika has gone from asking "how's your baby?" to "how's our baby?"  So here are some random thoughts from our time at the Marriott:

1.  The man who wore the nice cologne that scented the elevator has checked out.  Never met him, but I miss his cologne.

2.  People really should read the instructions for the waffle maker - but then again, if they did, breakfast wouldn't be quite as entertaining for me.

3.  I could really get used to someone washing my towels everyday. And rough hotel towels, despite their lack of absorbency have a wonderful way of exfoliating.

4.  I really wonder how the housekeepers maneuver those giant carts.

5.  On the first day of staying in a hotel with soft water, you have movie star hair.  On all other subsequent days, it just looks flat.

6.  All it takes for my homesick self to feel a little better is to walk into a Target with the same floor plan as my own.

7.   Marriott beds are awesome - hope I still like my own mattress when I get home!

8.  I capital L love having 24 hour access to an ice machine.   Any one who knows me knows that I love drinks with ice.  And Icees.  Just drinks in general. (nonalcoholic)
My Pepsi supply arriving at the hotel :)

9.  I'm starting to think of the person at the front desk not so much as a hotel employee but as my doorman.

10.  I know my new address and have received mail here.

11.  Weekends are busy at the hotel, but on Sunday night, a mass exodus occurs and then its just back to "family"

12.  I really think it would be fun to chose furnishings for a hotel.  This one is well done.

13.  We are actually using all of the drawers in the room for storage (baby changing area, needlepoint drawer, Bart's office, etc)

14.  The halls of a hotel are the perfect place to walk a wide-awake baby in the middle of the night. (just ask Bart)

15.  If your room is on the end of the hall across from the staircase, you can use the side door as your own private entrance.

Thats it from my home away from home.  Time for a lollipop!



No comments:

Post a Comment