Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Time for a virtual lemonade and a good read

Hello friends.  We are back from Spring Break!  Tomorrow I will post on all of that, but today I wanted to help you add two more things to your to do list (so nice of me I know.)  I've said before that I began my blog, not just to satisfy my love of writing, but because I have been so inspired by the blogs of other moms.  I am a better mother and a more faithful follower of God because of women that I have never met.  Inspiration is a powerful thing!

One blog author that I adore is Shawni Pothier of 71 toes.  I have linked to her blog today to help raise awareness for her cause to fight blindness.  Her youngest daughter Lucy has Bardet Biedl syndrome, a disease that will cause her to lose her sight.  This past weekend, her four daughters set up a lemonade stand to help raise money for the Foundation Fighting Blindness, a charity whose clinical trials provide hope to Lucy and many other children like her.  You can read all about it on Shawni's blog.    Won't you consider visiting the virtual lemonade stand and make a donation?  Think about it - even a small donation could help a child keep her sight!!!

Now that you have your lemonade, here is a good book for you.  Its the much anticipated, soon to be best-seller Heaven is Here by Stephanie Nielson, a favorite blogger to many who three years ago survived a plane crash that burned 80% of her body.  Her blog, and I'm sure the book that will be released next week, is an honest account of her recovery and her everyday joys.  I've pre-ordered my copy.  Why don't you do the same?

Back tomorrow with funny Spring Break stories!  Happy Wednesday!

P.S.  The lovely Colleen has given my blog the Liebster award!  I am honored Colleen, many thanks.  I will be paying it forward soon in a post!

No comments:

Post a Comment