Thursday, September 29, 2011

Running, running everywhere


Is it just me or does everyone seem to be a runner now?  Is it because me and most of my friends are just past 40 and when you are just past 40, you suddenly feel the need to prove yourself in some physical endeavor before you get to old? To prove you are still in your prime?  Many of my Facebook friends are telling me daily how many miles they have run and in what amount of time.  Either they type it in or its told from the powers that be at Nike or Garman.   I actually thought the other day that I can't work out because I hate running.  WHAT?  I 've been brainwashed!   To debug this programming, I've decided to make a declaration.  So, here it is:  the truth of it, the skinny, the lowdown, the 411 - I hate to run.  Really, I loathe it (and be sure to drag out the word loathe when you say it).  I like walking.  And let's see, that's about it actually.  I'm just not a physical creature.  I like to sew and create and write.  I will walk for exercise, to be with a friend or to enjoy a beautiful day.  

Please don't think less of me because I don't run.  I am happy about the things I have accomplished just past 40.
 
Here are some of them:

1. I can boil water.
2. All of my pictures are organized on my computer.
3. I can roll my tongue.
4. I have good handwriting.
5. I can fold a fitted sheet (not well, but I'm still counting it)
6. According to my children, I make awesome hot chocolate.
7. I am a connoisseur of frozen cola beverages.
8. I can compose a nice thank you note.
9. I am a mother despite infertility.
10. I can make curtains.
11.  I can speak in front of people without really being nervous.
12. I can work my DVR.
13.  I can organize anything.
14.  and last, but not least.......I can write a blog.

Never mind that most people can do these things.  Doesn't lessen my joy!

Gotta run (not literally of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment