Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Olympic time waster

Today I am the queen of wasting time.  I'm not embarrassed about it.  Remember my funk about my youngest going to kindergarten?  While I still don't love it, I have realized that I can now, for the first time in 11 years, waste time.  Now before you think I am sitting in a pigsty, letting the dishes pile up and the beds be unmade, let me introduce myself.  I am a time waster that first had to clean in order to feel comfortable wasting time.  So, this morning I cleaned up the kitchen, folded laundry and then.......spent 20 minutes searching through 27 pages of handmade chipmunk items on etsy.com.  Not only did I search, I purchased.  A sweet pop art chipmunk print for a collage that I am making for over William's dresser.  Surely you remember the chipmunk hunter?

The chipmunk hunter actually caught a chipmunk last week in a flexible pipe and owned it as a "pet" for 5 minutes until that crafty rodent flew out of the top of the pipe to freedom.  As impressed as I was with Chippy's clever acrobatic get-away, it was very, very sad for the hunter.

But back to wasting time.......my favorite time waster is Pinterest.  Whoever invented this site is genius!  It's the ultimate user friendly virtual bulletin board.  I can "pin" anything from any website - a recipe, a craft, a paint color, a chipmunk print perhaps - and save it for later.  And now I have the time to actually look at the things I have saved and not just have them be stored in a void of crafty goodness that I will never have time to revisit.

I could make this:

from www.nestofposies-blog.com
What is it?  So glad you asked because once you know, you'll want one.  It's a Tooth Fairy door!

This week, I am making this for William:
from www.dana-made-it.com


Wow, maybe this constant surfing the web and pinning on Pinterest isn't a total waste of time!  Maybe it is completely productive.  Maybe it could be classified as a sport.  Well play the Star Spangled Banner and give this girl a medal!

No comments:

Post a Comment