Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Chit chat, party of four

One of my favorite things to do is gather my children together in a confined space and talk.  The best conversations come from these chit chats - how they are feeling, what they are up to, what is  most important to them that day.   Car rides are great for this, a captive audience with no escape!   Today, my in-laws graciously took my children to a local children's museum.  They came back sweaty, exhausted and full of stories.  Seeing as I had purchased a new fuzzy throw for the master bedroom while they were gone, I suggested they shower, put on fresh clothes and join me for a snuggle.  It worked like a charm.   They raced to get showered and ready and we gathered on my bed under the softest throw ever made (courtesy of Pier 1).  The result was resting, talking, listening, laughing and since my camera was in my room, a few pictures.  These are the moments I want to capture and cling tight to, the moments that cost nothing but mean everything.  Find your own moment today.

No comments:

Post a Comment