Sunday, March 14, 2010

Here comes the bride and the bride, bride, bride, bride, bride and the bride

Tonight, as I put our three children to bed, I felt good about today. I was a good mom today. Now, I don't doubt that I'm a good mom on other days, but today I felt especially happy. Today brought PSR and Mass and a new bottle of bubble bath from Target. It brought an hour of the children helping me cook dinner for neighbors in need. And it brought the event they have been planning for days: the stuffed animal wedding. Honestly, it's good clean fun in your family room - from the flamingo marionette priest to the recorded "stuffed animal voices" on Caroline's DSI. The 7 bride and groom match-ups ranged from the sweet and obvious (Harold the sheep and Maria the yoddling goat) to the risky and dangerous (Komodie the komodo dragon and Stacy the baby black sheep). The grooms wore green polka ribbon "ties" and the brides wore pink ribbons in their hair. The three "wedding planners" had made origami gifts for each couple. Every stuffie fluffie in the house was in attendance, along with all of the human species. There were vows, music, dancing and of course, wedding cake. My parents were excited to hear that their 45 year old cake topper, that Bart and I also had on our wedding cake, was used once again. In my eyes, this wedding was just as important. It was not simply the marriage of 7 fluffy, quirky couples, but the union of childhood imagination and the realization that your mother values your excitement and makes it her own. Best wishes to the happy couples! May you be so loved that your fur rubs off and may you never see the inside of a Goodwill bin!







1 comment:

  1. Mazel tov! Mazel tov! Mazel tov! Mazel tov! Mazel tov! Mazel tov! Mazel tov! (One for each couple.) :)

    ReplyDelete