Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Mimi!

Do you love an animatronic chipmunk? I mean, how could you not? William loves chipmunks. I'm not sure why. Is it the stripe down their backs? Their chipper chirping? The way they destroy our yard? Whatever his reason, he loves them, watches them outside and views them as his peeps.


I think it started on our trip to Disney two years ago. Bypassing The Mouse, William headed straight to Chip and Dale. The bonus is that there is never a line to see "Chick and Dale," as he called them. I learned that Chip has the brown nose, like a chocolate chip. The vast knowledge I hold!



So fast forward to this past Christmas. Santa manuvers his sleigh down an aisle at Toys R Us and BAM! -there sits an animatronic chipmunk. It chirps, it moves, it is the best thing Santa has ever seen. Santa knows that this $9.99 gift will be the one that childhood memories are made of.


On Christmas morning, William spotted the chipmunk right away, and declared "Her name is Mimi." Okay. Now we realize that Mimi must have been 8 months old at the time of her arrival, because William woke up recently shouting "It's Mimi's birthday." So what do you do when your animatronic chipmunk has a birthday? You have cake of course.

And the next day when your child wakes up and says "It's Mimi's birthday again." You say "Ah....no."

No comments:

Post a Comment