My husband is a student of life. He loves to learn all of the time. Constantly reading, constantly listening to pod casts and webinars, always boring me with the details of his new found fascinations - sorry, I meant to say - enlightening me. Our daughter has this character trait too. But honestly, I just don't have it in me. I am completely okay with this. I like what I like - my hobbies, my interests. That is enough for me. However, a minor thing happened this weekend that made my heart soar - I learned how to do something that my husband DOES NOT know how to do. Its small, its no big deal to most, but to me - I heard the trumpets blare and the angels singing when I - get ready for it - learned to tie a real bow tie. Okay, maybe I built it up to much, but I felt empowered!
For some reason, even though they think trying on pants at the mall is tortuous, my boys love to dress up. With Easter approaching, I decided to look for a tutorial to sew real bow ties. Let's face it, real bow ties are cool and fake bow ties are the opposite of cool. Even though I was excited about making the ties, I was more excited about learning how to tie them. It took me watching several you tube tutorials made by pimple faced high school and college boys to get it down, but now I can officially check it off my list. I can not wait until the day that Bart is wearing a tux and I can stand in front of him and tie his bow tie just like in the movies.
But until then, these two crazies were quite impressed that Mom could help them look like the studs that they so obviously are. Watch out grade school girls - these two may practice lots of inappropriate noises and have questionable table manners - but they sure can wear bow ties.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment