Here it is - February 1st. Are you still working on your New Year's resolutions? I am! Every January, we each write resolutions for ourselves and on January 1st of this year, we reviewed last year's lists. Guess who only acheived one of their resolutions? Me. My children thought this was hilarious and everytime I read off another one that I had not accomplished, they would yell out "epic fail!" I do have to admit that it was funny, and the one thing I had checked off of my list was "complete family" so they cut me some slack on the others! But I also knew that 2013 had to be different. How do I expect them to set goals and stick to them if I can't? So, as with everything, I decided if the list was cuter, maybe just maybe I could hold my head high on January 1, 2014. Low and behold, one long month in and I'm doing okay. Slacking on the walks, but it is bitter cold out so I'll have to work on a different plan for the next 2 months. I'm finding green tea (versus my old black tea) to be quite yummy. But most of my time has been spent on this:
I've been stashing 1/4 yards of polka dot fabrics for years. I was thrilled to see my little stack of 6 inch squares come back from the restoration warehouse after our fire - smelling horribly like the ozone room - fixed by that magical smell of Dreft. I spent a few afternoons in January searching down a few more dots and voila- my naptime companion. I'm hoping it will be the perfect picnic/beach/fireworks blanket for my little family of 6. Since it is all over the house at the moment, it has almost become a member of the family. Each kiddo asks me everyday if I worked on the quilt - a sweet moment for a mom or their cry for help to get on with it and clean it up? I will pretend the first one!
Here is also a tell-tale that its February:
Can you tell what we'll be doing this weekend? That's right - its Pinewood Derby season. Wish us luck! (and by luck, I mean to do well enough so that the boys are happy but not well enough that we have to go to the next long, day of competition) Happy weekend everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

How do we register for the art camp? I have a camper who would love to learn from Ms. Julie:-)
ReplyDelete