Thursday, September 2, 2010

Anniversary in London

15 years ago today I made the best decision I've ever made - to marry a boy who turned my head and called me his best friend for 8 years before September 2, 1995.  All my life I had worried about how my usually nervous stomach would feel on my wedding day.  As I stood at the end of the aisle looking down at Bart, I had never felt more calm and peaceful.  You know when a choice is right, when it feels like everything you've experienced in life has led you to that moment.  My life is great because of that choice, that boy, that walk down the aisle.  Today I celebrate the man that he is and the friendship that endures.

Even though he is on a business trip, today I am pretending that we are in our favorite city of London, roaming the streets, drinking tea and going for a bike ride.  And this is what I'd be wearing:

Anniversary in London

Happy Anniversary Bar-ton!  Love you, love you, can't get enough of you!

1 comment:

  1. It was a lovely day. I remember it very clearly... what I wore, who was there, Marianne pregnant! And now Max is in high school? How can this be? You were a beautiful bride. I remember your gloves and your proud Daddy! Grandma Stella was still here, and Uncle Joe and Uncle Tommy. So much water under the bridge, but what a great solid bridge! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete